Austin, Texas SOC 2 Auditors – Fixed Fees, Extensive Cloud Expertise
Additionally, many of our clients are in the cloud – Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure, and Google GCP – and we have extensive compliance experience with the Big Three cloud players. And if you’re not in the cloud, no problem, as we’ve successfully performed over a 1,000 compliance audits since 2006 in a wide range of industries and sectors. We know the SOC 2 auditing framework inside and out, and we’re ready to assist you today.
We offer high-quality, fixed-fee audit solutions, but also a wide-range of additional services for your growing compliance needs. When it comes to the leaders in regulatory compliance for the Lone Star State, talk to the experts at NDB.
7 Important Things to Know about SOC 2 compliance
1. Start with a SOC 2 Scoping & Readiness Assessment. It’s important to gain a strong understanding of all facets of a SOC 2 audit – specifically – the following:
• What business processes/functions are going to be assessed for the actual audit?
• What gaps and deficiencies need to be corrected prior to the commencement of the audit?
• What internal personnel are going to be involved in the audit in terms of working with auditors?
• What external, third-party entities are going to be included in the scope of the audit?
• What is the timeline and overall expectations for completing all phases of the audit – specifically – from beginning with a SOC 2 Scoping & Readiness Assessment to the issuance of the final SOC 2 report from a well-qualified CPA firm?
2. Remediate Operational Gaps and Deficiencies. Operational and security gaps are fundamentally important in terms of remediation as they constitute a core element of the SOC 2 framework. NDB can assist with all measures relating to these types of control deficiencies.
3. Remediate Documentation Gaps and Deficiencies. One of the most time-consuming and laborious aspects of SOC 2 remediation is developing all the required information security policies and procedures needed. Here’s just a small example of what’s needed in terms of InfoSec policies: access control, incident response, change management, data backup, data loss prevention, separation of duties. There’s more – much more – that needs to be developed, and we can assist.
NDB offers industry leading templates for helping Texas businesses save both time and money in terms of developing critical policy documentation. Nobody really likes developing InfoSec policies – it’s a rather mundane task – and we can shave off dozens of hours in helping you get it right the first time.
4. Understand the Types of Evidence Auditors are Seeking. Auditors want – and need – audit evidence, after all, that’s why it’s called an audit! Specifically, auditors look for the following types of evidence (so be prepared to provide them with it): 1. Information security policies and procedures. 2. Screenshots of system settings and configurations. 3. Output of log reports. 4. Signed memorandums. 5. Evidence of various operational measures being performed, such as security awareness training, risk assessments being performed, incident response plans tested, and contingency planning programs in place. That’s quite a bit, but it’s a necessity in today’s world of SOC 2 audit for businesses.
5. Implement Continuous Monitoring Activities. Becoming SOC 2 compliant is a great step in the right direction when it comes to implementing security controls that you can showcase to your clients and prospects. Yet maintaining the design and effectiveness of those controls is also critical in the long-term.
6. Know that SOC 2 Compliance is an Annual Commitment. Yes, it is, and we’re here to assist at every step of the way.
Texas’ Leading Provider of SOC 2 Compliance Audits
From El Paso to Bridge City, Perryton to Brownsville – and everywhere in between – we are Texas’ leading provider of high-quality, fixed-fee SOC 2 audits. But we offer much more than just SOC 2 compliance. Other services and solutions from NDB consist of SOC 1 audits, PCI DSS compliance, HITRUST CSF, HIPAA consulting, financial services consulting, and much, much more. Contact us today to learn more about our comprehensive services for Texas businesses.