NDB offers HITRUST Risk-Based, 2-Year (r2) Validated Assessment for healthcare organizations located in Austin, Dallas, Houston, and San Antonio, Texas.
As the Lone Star State’s leading provider of HITRUST services, NDB offers HITRUST Risk-Based, 2-Year (r2) Validated Assessment compliance and certification services, beginning with a HITRUST CSF scoping & readiness assessment by competent External Assessors, writing your policies and procedures, and much more.
Texas’ Leading Firm for r2 HITRUST Compliance & Certification
NDB has spent years working in the Texas healthcare industry, starting with HIPAA compliance almost two decades years ago. As a result of our expertise, we’ve developed a highly efficient and seamless healthcare practice that keeps costs low – and services high – in today’s world of growing regulatory compliance expenses. As such, NDB offers HITRUST services as fixed-fees.
6 Phases of HITRUST Compliance & Certification for Texas Healthcare Entities
- Phase I – Find an Authorized HITRUST External Assessor
- Phase II – Perform a HITRUST Readiness Assessment
- Phase III – Perform Documentation Remediation (Policies and Procedures)
- Phase IV – Perform Operational Remediation
- Phase V – Completion and Certification Process
- Phase VI – Monitoring of Controls for Continued HITRUST CSF Compliance
Phase I – Find an Authorized HITRUST External Assessor
Looking for a HITRUST External Assessor with years of healthcare expertise, then consider NDB. We cut our teeth in the healthcare arena way back in 1996 as we worked to implement HIPAA requirements for businesses all throughout Austin, Dallas, and Houston. Fast forward today we’re now working with healthcare organizations all throughout the Lone Star State to achieve – and maintain – HITRUST compliance. Sure, there are a number of highly qualified HITRUST External Assessors in Texas – and NDB is one of them – so give us a call today and let’s discuss how we can help.
NDB has the skills and expertise in helping Texas healthcare organizations with all facets of HITRUST Certification, from an initial scoping & readiness assessments, remediation, to the actual HITRUST r2 certification process, and more.
Phase II – Perform a HITRUST Readiness Assessment
Getting off on the right foot in terms of HITRUST compliance starts by undertaking an actual HITRUST Readiness Assessment, one performed by competent and knowledgeable auditors. With NDB, we have not only an excellent understanding of the HITRUST framework, we also have a list of common gaps and areas of deficiency that will require remediation. In short, we clearly know many of the challenges with HITRUST before even inspecting one’s control environment.
Three benefits of performing a HITRUST Readiness Assessment with NDB:
- Assessing Overall Scope: The HITRUST framework is large, and because not all healthcare providers are the same in terms of businesses services, their scope for HITRUST will thus be different – that’s important to note. NDB can help properly scope HITRUST for healthcare organizations all throughout Texas, in Austin, Dallas, Houston, and San Antonio.
- Assessing Gaps in Documentation is Critical: Policies and procedures are a big part of today’s growing regulatory compliance mandates – and that holds true for HITRUST compliance and certification.
- Assessing I.T./Security Remediation is Essential: To properly ensure the safety and security of consumer health information, one’s information systems need to be correctly configured and provisioned in accordance with I.T. best practices. This can take time, yet NDB can assist as we have competent staff on board with years of I.T. expertise. Whatever systems you’re running – Windows, Linux, UNIX – and wherever you’re hosting the environment – cloud-based, on-premise – we can help in configuring your I.T. systems.
Phase III – Documentation Remediation (Policies and Procedures)
Becoming compliant with the HITRUST Risk-Based, 2-Year (r2) Validated Assessment requires healthcare organizations to develop a wide-range of information security policies and procedures, that’s just the nature of today’s growing compliance frameworks. Policies and procedures can take time to develop – no question about it – and with NDB’s vast experience in the healthcare arena – and in authoring policies and procedures – we can assist your organization in this all-important area.
With many areas in the HITRUST framework requiring policy documentation, it’s important to identify what documents you need, and the strategy for developing them. NDB can help in implementing a proven game plan for essential policy writing services and solutions. Policies take time to right, and NDB can assist.
Phase IV– Operational Remediation
There also many areas within the HITRUST framework that require operational remediation. Perhaps it’s performing a risk assessment, undertaking security awareness training, or some other type of remediation that goes beyond basic policy writing. This is where healthcare organizations in Texas will need to do a little bit of what we call “heavy lifting”.
Phase V – Achieving HITRUST r2 Certification
To become compliant with HITRUST Risk-Based, 2-Year (r2) Validated Assessment, healthcare organizations will need to work within the HITRUST MyCSF portal in uploading a wide-range of evidence. This is where an experienced HITRUST consultant (or external assessor) can assist as needed.
Phase VI – Monitoring of Controls for Continued HITRUST Compliance
Achieving HITRUST compliance is a big step in the right direction, and a good one, but keep something in mind. Healthcare organizations will need to continue to monitor their controls on a regular basis for ensuring full compliance. This can be a challenging endeavor as monitoring takes time. With NDB, we can help develop an actionable and seamless monitoring platform that’s gives you confidence of your control environment. In terms of monitoring, think about the following:
- Who is responsible for updating policies and procedures and other supporting documentation, on a regular basis?
- Who is responsible for inspecting and validating critical security and operational controls on a regular basis?
- If exceptions are found in the monitoring process, what’s the next step for resolution?
Just a few things to consider when it comes to HITRUST compliance and the need for continuous monitoring of one’s controls. Contact us today to learn more about NDB’s monitoring solutions for HITRUST.
Texas’ Leading Provider of HITRUST Services
When it comes to HITRUST Risk-Based, 2-Year (r2) Validated Assessment compliance and certification services for Texas healthcare organizations located in Austin, Dallas, and Houston – and anywhere else in the Lone Star State – NDB is the name you need to know.
Along with offering HITRUST Risk-Based, 2-Year (r2) Validated Assessment compliance, NDB also offers SOC 1 and SOC 2 audits, PCI DSS onsite assessments, HIPAA compliance, and so much more. Let us help you become compliant quickly and cost-effectively with many of today’s growing compliance requirements.
With NDB, Texas businesses now have a one-stop shop for all of their growing regulatory compliance needs. With fixed-fees and superior services, we are the Lone Star State’s leading provider of high-quality audit and attest services. Let’s talk today about how NDB can take your compliance game to the next level.